In-Home Senior Caregiver
Part-Time & Full-Time Positions Available
Are you a caring, compassionate, and patient person who wants to make a difference in the life of a senior?
Comfort Keepers of Shreveport is seeking responsible and reliable individuals to join our team in the role of In-Home Senior Caregiver. Comfort Keepers is looking for caring, compassionate and reliable individuals to work days, evenings, overnights and weekends. Immediate openings for all shifts. Both Part Time & Full Time positions are available.
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Work close to your home
- Flexible, regularly available hours
- Continuing training opportunities
- Make a difference in a senior's life
- Provide assistance to clients in their homes, specifically companionship/homemaker and personal care assistance.
- Communicating with office and family
- In home care tasks may include assistance with showering, toileting, transferring, light housekeeping, meal planning and preparation, transportation, and medication reminders. Other tasks may be assigned based on the client's individual plan of care.
- We are staffing for clients needing both companionship / homemaker and personal care assistance.
- Genuinely concerned about helping people
- Prior experience providing personal care assistance to adults is preferred, but we will train you if you have a willingness and dedication to working with older adults.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Clean, reliable automobile available for your own personal use and a personal cell phone are essential requirements.
- Must possess a valid drivers license and provide proof of current automobile insurance coverage.
- All prospective hires are subject to an extensive personal background and driving record check.
This position is located at our Shreveport Office, located at 6039 Five Oaks Dr., #B, Shreveport, LA 71129. Our office serves the Greater Shreveport, LA area and this position may require travel to those areas.
At Home Caregivers: What Does It Take To Be A Comfort Keeper?
Being a Comfort Keeper is about much more than just helping with personal care or running errands for a local senior. Our Comfort Keepers at home caregivers are chosen based on their ability to adequately connect with and make a difference in the lives of others. Being a Comfort Keeper requires that you don't just go to work, being a Comfort Keeper in Shreveport, LA requires that you actively take part in ensuring the lives of your clients are filled with purpose and meaning. As many people age, they lose the sense of purpose that they once had when they were younger. Many seniors begin to isolate themselves, or feel isolated simply because they're not in the same areas as their loved ones.
There are many seniors who are not able to transport themselves, and may be reliant on an at home caregiver or home health aide to get them from place to place. Our Comfort Keepers take all of these facts into account when determining what course of action is best for each client. Seniors may need more than just incidental services, and could also benefit from taking social trips to the local community park or senior center where they can interact with others who may share the same interests. Our home health aides ensure that our clients are cared for mentally, physically, and emotionally. If you're compassionate and reliable, being a Comfort Keeper at home caregiver could be the right path for you.
To learn more about the rewarding career opportunities available, contact us or call (318) 319-2745. One of our home care professionals would be happy to answer any of the questions you may have and help guide you through the application process.
What Is A Home Caregiver or Home Care Aid?
A home care aid is someone who is paid to look after the sick, disabled, or elderly in the comfort of the patients own home. Home care aids have a variety of backgrounds, but seem to have one thing in common: they have a deep sense of compassion and respect for others. Our Comfort Keepers are specially trained to provide loving in home care to seniors around the Shreveport, LA areas.Learn More